The Karl DeMasi Sports Report Radio Show Podcasts

The Karl DeMasi Sports Report Radio Show Podcasts
Click on picture to listen to the podcasts of The Karl DeMasi Sports Report Radio Show

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Best Stadium Annoucer Ever

My childhood just past in front of me yesterday. The voice of the New York Yankees passed away yesterday, Bob Sheppard. Just shy of his 100th birthday. There was no one better and never will be. He was a pure professional.

Yes, I am an avid sports fan and there was nothing better then Bob Sheppard announcing the Yankee line-up while I was sitting in the great cathedral of baseball, Yankee Stadium. He pronounced the great Yankee names with a consistantancy like no other from 1951 to 2007. It always sent chills down my spine. So, click on this memorial on YouTube and to me it seems like only yesterday I was sitting in “The House the Ruth Built” listening to Bob Shepard, annouincing my boyhood immortals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wetherington Chiropractic